Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why...[do I haven't got more bucks in my pocket and is there so much nice payware!]

Good. The last days I keep wondering about...(since you read the title anyway I'm not goin' to repeat it for ya). There are some pretty good developers on the FS market; Real Air Simulations (RAS), Alphasim, Aerosoft (their support really rocks and the manuals Mathijs Kok writes are really funny to be honest). But there are others which are fine too and offer fine products for a reasonable price. Here's a short list of my favorite developers.

  • Razbam (these guys made the well-appreciated A-6/EA-6B package - but why didn't they include the Prowler in the FSX version too ? That's the reason I crossed it out of my wishlist...if they offer a reasonable price for the A-6 and the EA-6 packs I'll buy it maybe)
  • Shockwave Productions; they made the superb P-40 and developed 3D Lights [Redux for FSX]
  • Sky Unlimited; though probably a bit the unknown one to most of you, this team made as far as I know the best P-38 Lightning I've ever seen (for FSX, since I didn't use FS9/2004). One of the best things they made (IMHO they make fine products all the time, but that's something else...) was the Horten/Gotha Ho/Go-229. Awesome aircraft.
  • Aeroplane Heaven (they made a fine Tiger Moth and I wished they made the Lancaster for FSX instead of FS9...).
Now, I haven't got much time left so see you all tomorrow and happy flying. Let's fly, let's fly, let's fly away...(I still wonder about the name of that song. If you know it, leave a comment, okay ;-) ). The post is shorter than I intended to make it but...parents...sometimes you love them (e.g.when they agree on buying the BeaverX for ya), sometimes you [almost] hate them ("George! Shut down that bloody computer!").

P.S.: check out the screenshots in the Razbam forum, there are some quite impressive pictures of their product there...or check Ian Pearson's review on Screenshotartist about that one..

No comments: